Q: What does this bookshelf and a turkey have in common? A: They are both stuffed! O.K. that was corny but you get the point. We all love our books which is why they tend to get out of control. When I tell clients to go thru their books and only keep the top ten the common reaction is a gasp followed by a look of disbelief. How dare I! But when they actually DO the sorting out process – they reap the rewards. And here are just a few of those:
- You get more space and a fresher look.
- You find books you forgot you had.
- You gain a clearer picture of what really interests you NOW.
- You discover great second hand gifts.
- Reconnect with the library. Both for reading new books and for donating your old ones.
Note: You can ease into the letting go process by starting with a stuffed book case and clearing just one shelf. Next week, do another shelf. Keep at it until you are down to that one shelf of ten titles. These are your treasures. Circulate and regift the rest. Enjoy the clear space!